Tue, 21 Sept|
Online Training Program
Electrical Compliance and Regulation for Ensuring Electrical Safety
Learn from the Expert
Time & Location
21-Sept-2021, 9:30 am IST – 22-Sept-2021, 5:30 pm IST
Online Training Program
About the Event
While simply treading the legislative act, regulations and recommended codes of practices only may not give you a hundred percent guarantee against any accident, it can protect you from its legal consequences. While protecting the health and life of workers should be the foremost concern of the management and for which a more holistic approach to safety comprising of best practices and continuous improvements with application of latest safety tools would be needed, the legislative regulations also provide an easy road map to implement the very basic and common safety measures.
This workshop is meant to give the participants a comprehensive overview of all the electrical safety related regulations and codes of practices applicable in India and also some international guidelines for those electrical safety aspects which have so far not been covered comprehensively by the Indian regulations such as Arc flash hazard. The discourse will also cover all the technical issues associated with the regulations for a meaningful exchange of subject knowledge.
This participative workshop would endeavour to load the participants with all the necessary knowledge of technical and legislative issues related to electrical safety with which they can confidently formulate their safety policies and rules for worker safety from all kinds of electrical hazards.
- To present the legal requirements of ensuring electrical safety in electrical installations in industries & commercial installations in India
- Requirement of substation electrical safety requirements & special locations like battery rooms requirements
- Flameproof Electrical equipments selection & installation & maintenance in Hazardous Areas
- Lightning risk assessment & lightning protection design for buildings /structures
- Safe electrical energy isolation procedures (LOTO) in HV /MV/LV installations
- Selection & maintenance of electrical PPEs
- Gain knowledge in required electrical safety regulations for electrical engineers, managers, HODs & safety officers
- Knowledge in selection of electrical equipments & safe installation/ maintenance practices
- Electrical risk assessment methods & development of electrical safety programme in facilities
- Interactive discussions / presentations
- Safety moments analysis
- Group / individual exercise
- Pre-evaluation of participant
Faculty – Mr. Indranil Ghosh:
Mr. Indranil Ghosh is an Electrical Engineer, Fellow of the Institution of Engineers (India) and Maintenance, Energy & Safety Management Professional. He has extensive experience in the Operation, Maintenance and Engineering of various power plants. He had served as General Manager (Energy Services) at British Standard Institute (BSI) and Director of a reputed Power Training Institute (Essar Power Learning Center). As General Manager (Energy Services), he was involved in Energy Assessment/Auditing, Training and Business Development.
He has around 40 years of extensive & versatile industrial experience in Operation, Maintenance and Engineering of various plants, Energy Services, Technical & management Training and Safety & Industry Expert in organizations like Tata, Adani and Essar.
Indranil Ghosh is a published author of many books and Technical Papers. These books have been published in various Indian and foreign languages. His latest book named ‘Managing the Invisible Monster’ is a soft technical book on electrical safety, in which he has explained various aspects of safety through storytelling and analogies. His latest book titled “Romance with Risk is Business but Romance with Business is Sustainability” explains the easy methods of adopting a safety & sustainability framework in the Business Strategy. Some more new books are in the pipeline.
E-certificate of participation will be given on successful –
- completion of the course;
- submission of feedback;
- complete payment of course fee
- Ticket type
REGISTRATION FEE INCLUDES: Full access to the event. CANCELLATIONS: Fees once paid is non-refundable and non-transferrable under any circumstances. Delegate substitutes are welcome at any time at no extra cost.Price₹12,000.00
+₹2,160.00 GSTTax: +₹2,160.00 GST