WEB SERIES – Power Quality, Harmonics Mitigation & Reactive Power Management
Time & Location
About the Event
This Power Quality, Harmonics Mitigation & Reactive Power Management training course provides an important insight into power quality issues including power harmonics, nonlinear loads, voltage symmetry, waveform analysis, and harmonics mitigation techniques.
The ever increasing advancement of semiconductor-based power electronic devices and nonlinear loads, as well as rapid integration of non-conventional energy sources into grid networks, can create harmful power quality issues in industrial systems and utility grids. To name a few, power electronic equipment, data servers, variable speed drivers, arc furnaces, big machines such as heavy-duty cranes, lifters, motor-driven conveyor belts, and large numbers of fluorescent lamps can cause catastrophic power quality issues in electrical power systems.
Electric parameters such as frequency and voltage magnitude/waveform/symmetry are normally influenced by the variations of load during normal system operation. These characteristics are also affected by system disturbances - e.g. harmonic distortion and voltage fluctuations - generated by certain equipment, and also by electric faults such as arc flash or switching transient overvoltages.
Voltage and frequency fluctuations as well as waveform distortion and power harmonics are major power quality
problems. Therefore, continuous monitoring, detection, and recording of power quality indicators are required to ensure
a safe, reliable, and cost-effective power network.
This training on Power Quality, Harmonics Mitigation & Reactive Power Management will highlight:
- Power Quality (PQ) Major Concepts
- Power System Disturbances Due to PQ Issues
- Power System Voltage Reliability and Security
- Power Harmonics and the Associated Harmful Effects on Power Systems
- Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS)
- Grounding Loops
- Harmonics Monitoring and Mitigation Techniques
- Surge Protection
At the end of this training, you will learn to:
- Interpret and analyze power quality-related incidents
- Explain how power quality issues can adversely affect power system reliability
- Explain harmonics mitigation techniques
- Discuss grounding loops and bonding
- Discuss the criteria for harmonics filtering and mitigation
On successful completion of this training on Power Quality, Harmonics Mitigation & Reactive Power Management, the organizational impact would be:
- Develop a structured approach and perception of power quality issues
- Ensure safe operation of electrical equipment and installations
- Become familiar with the destructive effects of power harmonics on electric networks
- Ensure a sensible selection of surge protection devices
- Implement effective grounding and bonding
- Prevent unnecessary maintenance costs inflicted by power disturbances on electrical equipment
Who Should Attend?
We encourage the staff involved in the operation, planning, design, and maintenance of power systems to attend this course. This training course is suitable for a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Project Engineers / Managers
- Electrical Engineers / Technicians
- System Operators
- Design Engineers
- Asset Engineers / Managers
- Planning Engineers / Managers
About the faculty - Mr. Indranil Ghosh
Mr. Indranil Ghosh is an Electrical Engineer, Fellow of Institution of Engineers (India) and Maintenance, Energy & Safety Management Professional empanelled with various renowned Organizations and Certification Bodies as an assessor for Business Excellence, HR Excellence, and Safety & Sustainability.
He has more than 35 years of extensive & versatile industrial experience in Operation, Maintenance, and Engineering of various plants, Energy Services, Technical & management Training, and Safety & Industry Expert in organizations like Tata, Adani, and Essar.
The real joy of teaching comes only when the teacher falls in LOVE with himself and his own way of teaching. For Indranil Ghosh, teaching is not only his profession but also a passion. And this perfect blend of passion & profession is the genesis of his Charisma. That is why, in spite of being an ace Power & Energy Professional, he has been successful in proving himself as a charismatic Management Trainer and a Safety & Sustainability Professional.
Indranil Ghosh is a published author of many books and Technical Papers. These books have been published in various Indian and foreign languages. His latest book named 'Managing the Invisible Monster' is a soft technical book on electrical safety, in which he has explained various aspects of safety through storytelling and analogies. Some more new books are in the pipeline.
- IndividualINR 12,000+INR 2,160 GSTINR 12,000+INR 2,160 GST0INR 0